SUNDAY September 25th - 1st
Sunday of Luke
• Orthros (Matins): 8:45 a.m.
• Divine Liturgy: 10 a.m.
† MEMORIAL CELEBRATED TODAY †
TO REMEMBER OUR FOREBEARERS WHO PERISHED
AND COMMEMORATE THE VALOR SHOWN BY THOSE
WHO SURVIVED THE ASIA MINOR CATASTROPHE
LET US HONOR THE MEMORY AND SACRIFICE OF THOSE WHO SUFFERED
† MAY THEIR MEMORY BE ETERNAL †
• Fellowship Hour is sponsored by the families of those
whose memory we celebrate today in the Asia Minor Memorial.
Please join us!
• Philoptochos Meeting: 12:15 pm
– 3rd Floor Conference Room
♫ Happy Birthday today to Anna Maschinsky & Chuck
Thompson! Χρονια Πολλα!
MONDAY September 26th
JOHN THE THEOLOGIAN
• Matins: 8:45 am
• Divine Liturgy: 10 am
• Studies in the Faith (Adult Catechism): 7 pm
TUESDAY September 27th
• Prayers at the 3rd Hour: 10:45 am
• Bible Study: 11 am
• Camp Agape NW
Board Meeting: 6:30 pm
THURSDAY September 29th
• Byzantine Chant Classes: 7 pm
• AA Meeting: 7:30 pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- October 1 & 2
• Goldendale Family Outing
GREEK DANCE REGISTRATION
• Come Join the GOCA Dance Ministry for our 2016-17 Season
(click here for details)
• Questions? Contact Niki Thompson
SUNDAY 25 SEPTEMBER
ASIA MINOR MEMORIAL SERVICE
– We will have a memorial service to remember our family
members from Asia Minor on Sunday, September 25th.
– The memorial service will be followed by a reception
in our Fellowship Hall sponsored by Asia Minor family members
from our Assumption community.
– Questions? Contact Andrea Mann at (206) 842-7632 or
Sunday, November 13,
Agape - Seattle
Wine & Chocolate Ball
Agape - 2016 Seattle
Wine & Chocolate Ball
Join us for an elegant evening to Support Camp Agape NW. Taste
indulgent, truffles and chocolates from Seattle area chocolate
makers. Drink award winning wines and have the chance to meet
the winemakers from select Washington wineries. Enjoy a local
season dinner menu prepared by Herban Feast.
— It is imperative that you NOT
DOUBLE PARK or park in the fire lanes! Please be considerate
THE ALMSGIVER SOCIETY DONATION IDEA
• If you have meat in your freezer that is labeled and
dated, consider donating it to St John Almsgivers Society.
• GOCA St John’s cooks a hearty, hot meal twice a
month for homeless men (aged 50 years and older) who enjoy these
meals at St Martin de Porres Shelter. St Martin’s provides
hot meals 365 days a year for more than 250 homeless men EVERY
DAY (as well as overnight shelter for 212 men each night).
• Please place any meat donations in the church walk-in
freezer labeled “for Almsgiver”. Additionally,
monetary donations are always welcome. Thank you for remembering
St John Almsgiver Society.
“Is it not a grace which God gives us, to be able to
help the poor, since every assistance given to the least of
God’s children is considered by Him as a gift to Himself?”
— St. John the Almsgiver